your nonfiction book is within sight
Nonfiction Writing Coaching & Editing
In only 4 months, go from thinking about writing your memoir or nonfiction book to holding a completed first draft in your hands.
Get valuable support from your writing coach and editor, learn craft and strategy, gain invaluable writing skills, and stay focused and on track. This step-by-step process takes the guesswork out of writing your memoir or nonfiction book and guides you through each stage toward completion.
Are you ready to write your memoir or nonfiction book but are unsure where or how to start?
Our One Lit Place Write Your Memoir in 4 Months Program and our Write Your Business | Self-Development Book in 4 Months Programs are the perfect way to kick-start your career powerfully and productively.
Writers who attempt to get their first draft down without support often falter or quit entirely. Those who get regular, specific infrastructure, guidance, instruction, and the personal one-on-one help and accountability from a writing coach and editor, however, see markedly greater productivity, confidence, and success.
Free Nonfiction Book Planning Worksheet & Consultation
1. Fill out our worksheet designed to show you your goals for writing a memoir or nonfiction book, what kind of coaching or editing support would benefit you most, and how to implement a strategy for approaching the writing process.
2. Schedule your FREE no-commitment consultation to discuss ways we can support you throughout the work, so your book makes it to publication!
Custom Nonfiction Writing Coaching and Editing: the Path to a Book
If you’d prefer to work with your coach on a custom basis, you will arrive at a completed draft of your nonfiction book through three phases: Early Drafting, Feedback and Editing, and Late Stage Proofreading & Publication Support.
Inception and Early Stage Drafting
Mid-Stage Writing Coaching
Revision and Editing
– Early stage guidance, support, and editorial assistance via chat, phone, and/or video conference
– Establish project purpose and structure
– Design infrastructure for writing process and writer’s schedule
Weekly or regular check-ins with your coach and editor are suggested to maintain accountability and to maximize your productivity.
– Developmental feedback on early manuscript pages
– Continual support and instruction on writing craft
Your coach and editor is on hand to provide feedback and walk you through how to implement any changes, make editorial changes on your behalf, or teach you editorial skills so you can self-edit as well as have your editor’s eyes on the work for an outsider’s take on the manuscript from macro to micro.
– Collaboratively refine book purpose, structure, pacing, and flow
– Provide substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading
– Assist with query, synopsis or proposal & publication support
Your editor will help refine the draft at the chapter, section, paragraph, and line level so it is lean, concise, purposeful and correct. A publication strategy can be determined to help you know whether to aim for self-publishing or traditional publishing and what steps you can take to achieve that publishing goal.
3-Hour Intro Block
1-Hour Top-Up Block
Why Write With Us?
Many writers talk about wanting to write memoirs, but only those who sit down and make the writing happen are the ones whose books make it to the shelves, influence our thinking, and effect change. Memoirs and nonfiction books are our way of sharing our experiences with others who feel heard and understood and making the word more comprehensible and intimate.
It’s your time.