Writing About Grandparents
In honour of Grandparents’ Day (and inspired by the three authors featured on a recent One Lit Place blog about books featuring grandparents), we’re looking to share short pieces written by our community about grandparents in fiction, nonfiction, vignette, or poetry up to a max. of 100 words.
All entries will be considered for publication in a blog at One Lit Place and entered into a draw to win 2 gift certificates for our nonfiction writing course Journey to the Page: Writing Your Life Stories worth $50.
- Please send submissions to our email address: email@example.com pasted into the body of the email (no attachments, please). Include the name you wish to associate with the work and a bio/website (optional)
- All creative work on grandparents in any genre will be considered
- All work must be of publishable quality: clean of errors, thoughtful in intent, and to a maximum of 100 words. One Lit Place holds the right to refuse to publish any work that is libellous, mean-spirited, riddled with errors, promotes hate or ill-will, or exceeds the word count
- All entries will be eligible to win one of two (2) gift certificates worth $50.00 for our nonfiction/memoir course Journey to the Page: Writing Your Life Stories. *If you have already enrolled in the course, you may redeem your gift certificate and will be refunded its amount from your original enrollment
- Submissions will be accepted through September 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST. (*Post was originally dated Sept. 25 but has been revised)
- The gift certificate draw will be held Sept. 27, and winners will be notified.
- The blog featuring the entries will be slated for publication in October 2019 (Date TBA). Questions?
Contact us any time! We’re looking forward to seeing- and sharing- your work ~