Looking for Blogs & Articles About Writing: All Levels, All Genres
We’re looking for well-written, fully voiced, and engaging articles and personal essays to publish on One Lit Place. Topics may include on the writing life, writing craft, publishing, writer’s block, tools and apps, your journey as a writer, what you’ve learned as a writer, academic writing life, writing for business, interviews, reviews, or another aspect of writing across any genre.
Submissions should be 750-2,000 words, unique, detailed, and in line with the writer-centric mandate of supporting other writers with valuable insights of One Lit Place, and include links to other credible relevant websites.
If you have a book or other publication coming out, guest posts are a great way to increase your visibility and sales, and a byline is a wonderful way to boost your portfolio and meet up with new readers of your work.
Interested in publishing your work with us?
- Familiarize yourself with the kind of articles we publish to get a feel for how we support our community. You can see all of our articles on our Blog Page.
- Pitches of 1-2 paragraphs may be sent to us HERE. You may also send a draft of the work to give us an idea of your topic and writing style.
- If your submission is accepted:
- The piece will be lightly edited for content readability and One Lit Place house style, formatted for web reading, and optimized for search engines.
- First North American Rights will be granted One Lit Place (copyright reverts back to the author after publication), and the submission may not appear elsewhere in its existing form.
- Payment: $50
2019: Writing About Grandparents
In honour of Grandparents’ Day (and inspired by the three authors featured on a recent One Lit Place blog about books featuring grandparents), we’re looking to share short pieces written by our community about grandparents in fiction, nonfiction, vignette, or poetry up to a max. of 100 words.
All entries will be considered for publication in a blog at One Lit Place and entered into a draw to win 2 gift certificates for our nonfiction writing course Journey to the Page: Writing Your Life Stories worth $50.
- Please send submissions to our email address: email@example.com pasted into the body of the email (no attachments, please). Include the name you wish to associate with the work and a bio/website (optional)
- All creative work on grandparents in any genre will be considered
- All work must be of publishable quality: clean of errors, thoughtful in intent, and to a maximum of 100 words. One Lit Place holds the right to refuse to publish any work that is libellous, mean-spirited, riddled with errors, promotes hate or ill-will, or exceeds the word count
- All entries will be eligible to win one of two (2) gift certificates worth $50.00 for our nonfiction/memoir course Journey to the Page: Writing Your Life Stories.
*If you have already enrolled in the course, you may redeem your gift certificate and will be refunded its amount from your original enrollment
- Submissions will be accepted through September 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- The gift certificate draw will be held Sept. 27, and winners will be notified.
- The blog featuring the entries will be slated for publication in October 2019 (Date TBA).
UPDATED: Thank you to all who entered. The article is available HERE.