PhD candidates, post-docs, and professors: Publish journal articles, organize a talk, and get support writing your dissertation with an academic writing coach & editor. We partner with you to ensure your work is structured and solid, provide instruction on writing best practices, and brainstorm how to bring forth your ideas in ways that are well-organized, cohesive, and clear.
Get one-on-one academic writing coaching, brainstorming, constructive feedback, accountability, collaborative substantive editing *(editing done together with the writer either in person or via video conference), and copyediting/proofreading for:
- Journal Articles
- Web content
- Dissertations (and nonfiction academic books)
- Grant applications
Note: we do not provide support on any undergraduate or graduate student coursework.
Post-graduate academic coaching happens in three primary phases: Brainstorming & Accountability, Coaching and Editing, and Editing & Publication Support.
Brainstorming & Accountability
- Early stage ideas generation, instruction on best practices of writing, prompts, and resources via chat, phone, and/or video conference
- Design infrastructure for writing process and writer’s schedule
- Editorial assistance and guidance
Coaching & Editing
- Developmental feedback on early manuscript pages
- Continual support and instruction on project work
- Editorial support
Editing & Publication Support
- Collaboratively refine work's purpose, structure, pacing, and flow
- Provide substantive editing, copyediting,* and proofreading
- Assist with abstracts, presentations, CVs and more-
Writing Coaching & Mentorship
- Targeted Support to Enhance, Strengthen, and Increase Your Skills & Productivity
- Guidance, Accountability, Brainstorming, and Feedback + Resources, Prompts, & Strategies
- Customized Process to Meet Your Schedule, Goals, & Budget
- Feel Confident, Motivated, & Energized!
Copy Editing & Publication Support
- Developmental Feedback / Manuscript Critique, and Revision Strategies
- Substantive/Structural Editing, Copy, and Line Editing
- Proofreading & Formatting for Submission or Self-Publication
- Nonfiction Proposals, Queries, and Submission Material Support and Publication Guidance