Since 2015, One Lit Place: a Full-Service Writers Center has been providing personalized support to creative, academic, and business writers.
Our approach is one of literary partnership- having someone by your side who is invested in your success does incredible things for boosting your productivity, inviting confidence and motivation, influencing how you view yourself as a writer and the agency with which you bring yourself to your work, and giving you the awareness that you’re putting your best possible work out into the world.
Whether you are just starting out or you’ve been publishing for years, our writing coaches, mentors, and copy editors are here to help you in the ways you need, on your schedule, to help you achieve all of your writing goals.
Our only goal is to help you achieve yours.
Your Writing Support System
At One Lit Place, you’ll find everything you need to write and prepare to publish– all under one roof.
What You Can Do As a Writer With Us:
Learning. Accountability. Guidance. Insights. Best Practices in Your Field or Genre. Resources. Inspiration. Editorial Feedback. Drafting. Editing. Revising. Publishing Support. Website Design. Self-Publishing. And so much more ~
Here are some of the ways you can grow and deepen as a writer to be at the top of your game:
- Complete a full draft of a novel, memoir, nonfiction, screenplay, or business book in our 4-Month Writing Programs.
- Get Personalized Writing Coaching with one of our incredible writing coaches/ editors as a regular part of your writing practice or to prepare a specific project. Sessions are booked around your schedule and cater to your needs and goals as a writer.
- Tighten, refine, and ready your work with our Editing Services. We offer all stages of editing from Manuscript Evaluations, to Copy Editing, to final-stage Proofreading.
- Take a self-guided Online Writing Course in business blogging or ramping up your creativity to generate a ton of new material.
- Choose one of our many useful Free Downloads to help you get to that next step in your writing project.
- Read our blog to learn about issues in writing craft, the writing lifestyle, or general personal growth as a writer or watch one of our videos.
- Join The Writers’ Lounge, our free private online writer’s community to connect with other working writers.
Writing Mentors, Coaches, Editors, and Peer Writer Connection
Our creative team are all professional writers and editors who specialize in various areas of creative, academic, and business writing.
Each member of our team has an MA, MFA, and/or a PhD and years of experience as a post-secondary writing instructor, writing coach, and editor. When you’re paired with a member of our team, you can feel comfortable in the knowledge that soon you’ll be making strides and seeing great things happen both personally and with your work.
Connecting with a coach/editor, mentor, or our writing community is personally rewarding and professionally valuable. It’s always reassuring to talk to other writers to know you’re all in the same boat, to get and give help or advice, and to share in the experience together.
Our Founding Director
One Lit Place was created by Jenna Kalinsky. Jenna holds an MFA from Columbia University and has worked as a writer, editor, writing coach, and creative and academic writing instructor for over 20 years.
She has taught at Teachers College, NYC, University of Toronto Scarborough, Humber College, Western University, where she redesigned the Continuing Studies Creative Writing program, and privately in Germany, the U.S. and Canada before creating One Lit Place.
In her work as an editor, she provides developmental feedback, substantive copyediting, line editing, and proofreading for fiction, nonfiction, academic, and business writing. Her fiction, nonfiction, and poetry appear in mainstream and literary magazines, including in the LA Times best-selling The Modern Jewish Girls’ Guide to Guilt (Penguin), winner of the National Jewish Book Award. Originally from Los Angeles, Jenna has lived in New York, Germany, and now makes her home in Toronto, Canada.
Here's what some of our writers say about working with us ...
We are exceedingly proud of all of our writers who have gone on to publish their work in literary magazines, academic peer reviewed journals, newspapers and mainstream magazines, and their own books.
Have a look at our authors’ publications– then imagine yours being next on the list!